I have decided to make a conscious effort to practice thankfulness and contentedness moving forward. In reading various ways to help that practice, one writer suggested making "Top 5" lists stating the things you love about the areas where you've been far from content. So, here are mine for today:
Top 5 Things I Love About My Job:
- I am able to work independently.
- I get to help and do things for people every day.
- It provides a comfortable life for Sam and I (extra money, health insurance, etc.)
- I have a lot of time off compared to most jobs.
- I generally really enjoy being around my coworkers.
Top 5 Things I Love About Our House:
- We have been able to transform run down areas into beautiful, peaceful and functional spaces.
- We have been able to make so much of the furniture by hand, or finish/install items ourselves.
- We have learned new skills or gained experience with things we had done before.
- It is inexpensive to live there.
- It is in the country, with a lot of space outside.
Top 5 Things I Love About My Appearance/Style:
- My eyes are a very fun shade of blue.
- My hair is super easy and generally looks great.
- I am strong.
- My style is easy-going and matches my personality, but I can also pull off professional/sporty styles too.
- I am fit enough to find things I like at most clothing stores.
Top 5 Things I Love About My Life:
- I have a sweet, smart, hardworking husband who loves me, and who works at showing me love in ways I understand.
- We have families who genuinely love and care about each other, who get along for the most part, and who have remained strong through very difficult things.
- I have friends who love and care about me, and who pursue time with me even when my introverted social anxiousness keeps me from investing as much time into my relationships as I should.
- Sam and I are both mostly healthy and able to pursue the lives we want.
- We have a stable supply of all essential needs.